I receive many story pitches each week. They arrive in my inboxes and my direct
The Hamilton-Wentworth doesn’t get a lot of positive press these days. Today they earned some with an excellent social media communications strategy.
Just before noon, Sherwood Secondary School was evacuated due to a suspected natural gas leak.
Within minutes, the Board updated their website and Twitter accounts to inform parents the students were safe and that HSR buses had been dispatched to provide a warm shelter while Fire Officials cleared the building.
Well done HWDSB.