The University of Windsor is the latest university to release its presidential contract. Not much to report in it. The president, who just took office on Tuesday, gets less than a year in “retirement allowance” and a few other perks.
The contract is only eight pages long and can be read in its entirety on the UWindsor website.
Some of the perks include:
- The lease of a car which must be manufactured by one of the big three. (Windsor is an automotive town)
- A laptop and printer for his use as president. (He may purchase these items for 15% less than their market value when he retires)
- A PDA phone for his use as president. (Likely a blackberry – He may purchase this item for 15% less than market value when he retires)
- Membership in the Windsor Club
- $20,000 in moving expenses from his previous residence in Guelph. (If reasonable expenses exceeded this amount, the contract states the overage would be in the form of a “forgiveable loan to the President by the University”
- The president’s residence with eight hours of housekeeping a week.