To get good insightful answers, how the question is framed matters. I missed an opportunity on Thursday
The University of Windsor is the latest university to release its presidential contract. Not much to report in it. The president, who just took office on Tuesday, gets less than a year in “retirement allowance” and a few other perks.
The contract is only eight pages long and can be read in its entirety on the UWindsor website.
Some of the perks include:
- The lease of a car which must be manufactured by one of the big three. (Windsor is an automotive town)
- A laptop and printer for his use as president. (He may purchase these items for 15% less than their market value when he retires)
- A PDA phone for his use as president. (Likely a blackberry – He may purchase this item for 15% less than market value when he retires)
- Membership in the Windsor Club
- $20,000 in moving expenses from his previous residence in Guelph. (If reasonable expenses exceeded this amount, the contract states the overage would be in the form of a “forgiveable loan to the President by the University”
- The president’s residence with eight hours of housekeeping a week.